Tourists who decide to visit Qatar are interested in how developed transport is there. The country has different options for moving both long-distance and within settlements. Let’s find out about them!
Qatar intercity transport
Tourists who are going to move from one locality of this country to another can use the following modes of transport:
• Air. The only international airport is located in the capital. The center of Doha can be reached by minibus or taxi. The travel time will be 25 minutes. Hamad Airport serves as a base for the national carrier Qatar Airways. The big cities have 5 more airports, 4 of which are paved with concrete, but they are little known outside of Qatar.
• Bus service. There are buses between the cities of Qatar, which depart from the main station. There are a total of 50 routes.
• Car rental. Excellent roads are laid here for car travel. The speed on them is regulated by automatic radars. The city is allowed to drive a maximum of 60 km / h, and on the roads – 120 km / h.
There are no big railways. They are laid only between industrial complexes in the interior. However, the country’s authorities are working on this situation and are developing a railway network together with a German company.
Transport of Qatar in Doha and other cities
Public transport as such is in little demand from tourists, because in Qatar it is very hot, and even waiting for a bus in the 50-degree heat turns into torture. Because of this, foreigners always try to rent a car to travel with maximum comfort. However, municipal transport is also present here:
• Buses in Doha have been running since 2015. They are comfortable, clean, and air-conditioned. There are special buses for tourists, which make stops at each monument.
• Taxi, in Doha their colors are blue and beige. Fare prices are low, and taxis can be caught at any time of day or night, but it is still best to book in advance. There are cases when the ordered taxi is late, because the demand may exceed the supply.
• Metro in Doha, which has been operating since 2019 and is still under construction.